Welcome to St. George Greek Orthodox Church
The Divine Liturgy
We extend a warm welcome to visitors worshiping with us today.
We would like to remind you that Holy Communion is reserved for
those who have been baptized or confirmed and married in the
Orthodox Church, and who have prepared themselves to receive
the Eucharist. All visitors are welcome to receive the blessed
bread at the end of the Divine Liturgy.
Directory of Orthodox Christian Mental Health Providers
Schedule of Events for June-July 2021
- Sunday, June 6 - Orthros 9:30 am, Divine Liturgy 10:30 am.
- Thursday, June 10 - Holy Ascension, Orthros 9:30 am, Divine Liturgy 10:30 am.
- Sunday, June 13 – Orthros 9:30 am, Divine Liturgy 10:30 am. *Coffee hour is OPEN.
- Saturday, June 19 – Saturday of the Souls, memorial service 10:30 am.
- Sunday, June 20 – Holy Pentecost, Orthros 9:30 am, Divine Liturgy 10:30 am. HAPPY FATHER’S DAY!.
*Bring something to share at coffee hour to celebrate Father’s Day.
- Sunday, June 27 - Sunday of All Saints, Orthros 9:30 am, Divine Liturgy 10:30 am.
*40-day memorial will be offered for Cristalo Bayne by her loving family, Cathy and Christos Bakoulas,
Ernest and Lisa Bayne and her grandchildren and great-grandchildren.
Feast Days to remember in June and Xronia Polla to all those celebrating their Name Day!
June 15th – Apostles Fast begins; June 21 – Monday of the Holy Spirit; June 24 – Nativity of John the Baptist; June 29 – Saints Peter and Paul, the Apostles; June 30 - Synaxis of the Twelve Apostles.
- Sunday, July 4 – NO SERVICE! HAPPY INDEPENDENCE DAY!
- Sunday, July 11 – Orthros 9:30 am, Divine Liturgy 10:30 am. *Coffee hour is OPEN.
- Sunday, July 18 – Orthros 9:30 am, Divine Liturgy 10:30 am. *Coffee hour is OPEN.
- Sunday, July 25 – Orthros 9:30 am, Divine Liturgy 10:30 am. *Coffee hour is OPEN.
Feast Days to remember in July and Xronia Polla to all those celebrating their Name Day!
July 1st - Cosmas and Damian the Holy Unmercenaries; July 5th – St Athanasius of Mount Athos; July 8th – The Holy Great Martyr Procopius; July 20th - The Glorious Prophet Elias (Elijah); July 22nd - Mary Magdalene, the Holy Myrrh-bearer and Equal to the Apostles; July 26th - Paraskeve the Righteous Martyr of Rome; July 27th - Panteleimon the Great Martyr and Healer.
"Welcome one another, therefore, just as Christ has welcomed you, for the glory of God." - Romans 15:7
Through this web site, we are pleased to be able to introduce you to that same worship and fellowship as it is expressed in the life of our Parish. If you are a new member of our parish, or are considering membership, these web pages will acquaint you with what our parish offers to those who give it support and sustenance; to those who already belong to the church, we hope they will provide you with the assurance that your sacrificial offerings are received with profound respect, and are utilized to maximum effectiveness. They will, in any case, enable you to make the informed decisions that are necessary for a meaningful relationship with your church!
For information on our Lenten and Holy Week services please contact the Church office at (336) 889-9020 between the hours of 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM, Monday through Friday.
1st Tuesday after Pentecost
Saints and Feasts Commemorated
Visit the Online Chapel for more daily readings, hymns, a monthly calendar of saints and feasts, and more.